When you make the decision of selling unwanted or broken gold jewelry, there are a lot of things you should consider beforehand. This way, you will be able to get a better bargain from the gold dealers. It is important that you know your gold a little better before selling it off to a buyer, since they will probably try to buy it at a lower price than what it’s worth. Read on to find out how you can get more cash by understanding your gold better.
Determine the Value of Your Gold
There are two ways in which you can determine the value of each jewelry item:
- First, the ongoing market price at the time when the gold is assessed. The price may vary as per different market factors. This price will be used by the gold dealer as well.
- The second way to determine the value is by the type of your gold, which can be normally determined by identifying the symbol marked at a certain place on the gold item.
Understand Karats Value
- It is important that you understand the value of karats before selling gold.
- The karats are usually marked on gold like 10K, 14K, 18K, 20K, 22K and 24K. This indicates the purity of the gold.
- The purer you gold is, the better price you will get for it.
- When you sell your gold, it is important to remember that the other materials used in your item will not be considered as a factor in the pricing.
- The gold dealer will only consider the karat value of the gold item.
- A local dealer might consider the setting of the gold jewelry, but when you are sell gold online, setting of the jewelry is irreleveant as this gold is generally sold as scrap, which is melted down in a refinery.
Take Advantage of Cash For Gold
- The best way to get benefit from your gold is exchanging it for cash. The price of old gold items was drastically lower as compared to the prices today.
- This means that your old gold items have almost tripled the value it had when you bought it. You will always benefit when you sell your gold.
- It is best to take advantage of the gold items, especially jewelry, which is unused or broken. You will receive cash for the items that have been gathering dust in their storage.
Be Careful When Selling Online
- Sell gold online to get safe and fast cash. It is considered as the most efficient way for selling gold.
- It is crucial that you should be extremely careful about where you are selling as there are many scammers on the internet who steal gold or give very low price for the gold.
- It is best that you do proper research on both the website as well as the gold value.
- You should check your local gold bureau to determine listed online gold dealers.
- Once you find an authentic online dealer, you should be able to get the best possible value for your gold.
At Best NYC we purchase old gold. If you are looking to Sell your gold please contact us.